The map below describes the landholdings of the Peckham Materials Pleasant Valley Quarry. The quarry, originally operated by Dutchess Quarry & Supply Co. and owned by the Arborio family, was started in 1937. As one of the larger landowners in the Pleasant Valley community, Peckham collaborated with the Dutchess Land Conservancy (DLC) to create conservation easements that would protect large portions of our property from future development. These DLC easements will assure that future use and development of our property will be in harmony with the conservation objectives of the DLC, as well as the goals and objectives of the Town of Pleasant Valley’s Comprehensive Plan and Town Open Space Plan. The DLC is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County.